Re: Re: How Do I Prevent Repetitive Hits

I use fail2ban quite successfully. It’s quite scary how many different IP’s are ending up banned.

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Aug 2022, at 20:03, Frank Gingras <thumbs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Generally speaking, it's a bit rude to hijack someone else's thread.

To answer the new question, there are geoIP modules available that can be combined with authorization, but it is still best to use a firewall to control access to your resources.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 at 14:40, 😉 Good Guy 😉 <xfsgpr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25/08/2022 17:27, jim@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Or add that IP to a blacklist in your router so your Apache server never even sees it.

Is this possible if your server is in the cloud platform such as Azure,
GCP, IBM or Oracle? What is needed is a solution to block certain IP
addresses from within Apache itself. For example. I might want to block
all incoming traffic from Russia or China or North Korea so how do I
achieve this?

--

With over 2.3 billion devices now running Windows 10/11, customer
satisfaction is higher than any previous versions of windows.