Re: setting up a new site?

of a woman that gave me a near genius IQ. I quit school and went to work
Troll bait.
no, context.
Omit (not emit) all noise, if you have a tech. qustion.
We'll get along better without the snark.

more context:

I have now setup a www/geneslinuxbox directory with one file in it for test.
I want to use a OT Passwd, before granting access which should stop the bots.

Is there a module that will do that?

Reason: my pipe is a 10 meg connection (2.5/sec upload) and the last
time I had it setup, the bots of the world insisted on mirroring around
30 gigabytes, burning up all my upload bandwidth to the tune of
300+ gigabytes a month.

2 more questions:
What do I put in robots.txt?, and where in the above hierarchy do I
put it to discourage most of the bots? (not all of them obey it, we both
know that, but iptables can block the rest.)

That's 3 tech questions.

Take care and stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)