Re: setting up a new site?

> I've had my own web page since 2003 or so but lost it all when a pair of new
> seacrate 2T drives died in the night last fall about 2 weeks apart.

http://archive.org wayback machine, may have some of your data.

For the verbose rest: cut the crap.  Even I (native English),
struggled & failed to find any technical question in the noise,
so heaven help non native English readers on this Global list.

eg:
> d-i 		??
> a brltty	??
> orca 		?? a whale  ?
> by the time I stuffed a hot potato in orcas mouth	 ?? WTF
> brltty drivers ??	What is that some Linux thing ? or robotic noise
> the first 27 installs of bullseye
	Gibberish
> actually the 32nd install.
	Crazy

> test page.  The 6309 is a peon to that cpu from Hitachi, which installed
............................. ??????  Texan Spanish English maybe ?

> in place of the motorola 6809, makes a much more capable machine out
> of a 1980's trs-80 color computer.

Irrelevant

> This site will be primarily a file server because I have some stuff
> for raspios such as a realtime kernel so linuxcnc can be run on a pi,
> in my case driving 1400 lbs of an 80 yo Sheldon lathe I've converted
> to cnc operation.

Noise! Omit.

> All that is background, to intro myself.

Don't !

> I am a long retired broadcast
> Chief Engineer, with a formal education of the 8th grade,

"8th grade" is american dialect, & also irrelevant.

> but was born
> of a woman that gave me a near genius IQ. I quit school and went to work

Troll bait.

> fixing anything with a line cord or batteries at 15 yo, and tv's once
> central
> Iowa had a tv station in late '47, now 87 yo and alone, my wife of 31
> years passed from COPD on Dec 7nth 2020.  I'd get me another but it takes
> so long to train them. :)
>
> I want to setup a root directory someplace, owned by www-data, and from
> which I can link to other locations as I find the resources to populate
> them with. Other than changing the port, its a virgin apache2 install
> whose test page works for http. I have not setup this directory yet,
> and I'd like to restrict it to https access only, my router is already
> setup to forward and NAT port 6309 to this machines local address, that's
> been working for years for http, so my question for the day is whats next?

Omit (not emit) all noise, if you have a tech. qustion.

Cheers,
--
Julian Stacey  http://berklix.com/jhs/ http://stolenVotes.uk
Arm Ukraine, Zap killer Putin, grain & fuel loss hits poorest.