Re: Re: Unable to connect to Apache test website on LocalHost

Thank you!

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2022 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Unable to connect to Apache test website on LocalHost

Yes, you can run multiple instances of httpd on windows. Make sure the log file paths do not overlap as well.

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 at 16:39, DiversityLink/Milt Spain <pbservices@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks again for the suggestions. Now I have another question regarding updating the version of Apache that I have hosting a website on a remote Windows Server 2019.
The server is partitioned C, D,& E. Apache 2.2 is on the C drive and the website docs are on the E drive. All works well. Here’s the question: can I install Apache 2.4 on the D drive, have it listen to a port other than 80, and start and test it while the older version of Apache is running on the C drive serving up the website.

Your answer and suggestions will be appreciated.

Milt Spain

Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2022 3:18 PM

Can we please stop guessing at the cause of the error until said user gives us the verbatim log entry?

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 at 12:20, 😉 Good Guy 😉 <xfsgpr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13/04/2022 21:25, DiversityLink/Milt Spain wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions. Tried them all with no resolution of
> the problem. Reloaded Apache 2.4 and it seemed to be working well but
> all of sudden I can’t access LocalHost. Get this message.

It looks like you need to grant permission on the folder for the
"Public" to access the resource. I suggest right click on the folder and
then choose Sharing from the tab. You can then assign permission for
"Read/Write". Windows is pretty fussy about sharing of resources on its
system!.

I run both IIs and Apache on my machine using the same DocRoot which IIS
calls it "inetpub" so that I don't have to duplicate the Joomla or
Wordpress sites or even static HTML/CSS/JS files for my development
sites. I use Windows 11 but I have used 10, 7, Vista and XP before and I
have manually installed Apache/MySQL on all of them so I have gone
through the hassle you are going through.

--

With over 1.9 billion devices now running Windows 10/11, customer