Re: Unable to connect to Apache test website on LocalHost

Thanks for all the suggestions. Tried them all with no resolution of the problem. Reloaded Apache 2.4 and it seemed to be working well but all of sudden I can’t access LocalHost. Get this message.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Get the “Cannot Find The Site” message when trying to find the website with any browser.

Current Host file is :

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#    127.0.0.1       localhost
#    ::1             localhost

    127.0.0.1       Milts1.com

Current Virtual Host is:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin Milts1@xxxxxxxxxxx
    DocumentRoot c:/Apache24/htdocs/Milts1.com/
    ServerName Milts1.com
    ErrorLog logs/Milts1.com
    ServerAlias www.Milts1.com
    CustomLog logs/Milts1.com common
</VirtualHost>

Path to the website is:

C:/Apache24/htdocs/Milts1.com

Any suggestions that will help resolve my problem will be appreciated.

Milt Spain

Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2022 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: Unable to connect to Apache test website on LocalHost

Besides the ServerAlias, You probably also need to add
DirectoryIndex index.html
and also change your document root to the actual root directory where your website is located.

- Y

Sent from a device with a very small keyboard and hyperactive autocorrect.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022, 5:21 PM Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 5:12 PM DiversityLink/Milt Spain
<pbservices@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Apache2.4 installed and operating on Widows 7. Test site is loaded at C:\Apache24\htdocs\testsite.com. Site index is loaded in the testsite.com folder as index (an htm file). Virtual Hosts is set up as:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>
>     ServerAdmin adm@xxxxxxxxxxx
>     DocumentRoot"C:Apache24/htdocs/"
>     ServerName testsite.com