Re: Log to syslog?

I have worked on this issue for over ten years

unitil apache will redirect to syslog properly then you need to do the workarounds

no other options to my knowledge

Happy Tuesday !!!
Thanks - paul

Paul Kudla

Scom.ca Internet
            Services
004-1009 Byron Street South
Whitby, Ontario - Canada
L1N 4S3

Toronto 416.642.7266
Main 1.866.411.7266
Fax 1.888.892.7266
On 4/12/2022 8:27 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
On Tuesday 12 April 2022 at 13:32:40, Paul Claridge wrote:

Did you find the info on loggly.com?
I found https://www.loggly.com/ultimate-guide/centralizing-apache-logs/ and it
was essentially a summary of the two mechanisms I had already found elsewhere
and posted in my original question - telling rsyslog to track file contents
written by Apache, or using logger in a CustomLog definition.

Not sure if it covers precisely your requirements.
They look like they would work for me, however I regard them as "workarounds"
and wanted to see whether anyone knew of a way to do it natively in Apache.

I'm surprised that it appears not to be possible, but thanks to everyone for
their responses so far.

Antony.