Re: How to configure and use mod_markdown

On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 15:00:12 -0500, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> But if I put the md file on my webserver (without having thios server side
>> parsing) then I expected the add-on to again render the file into a html and
>> display it. But that does not happen at all, FireFox just opens a dialog to ask
>> me with what to open the file?
>

>Maybe something like this makes the extension happy: AddType text/plain .md

Where exactly do you mean I should AddType?
In FirefFox settings somewhere?

Meanwhile:

I have investigated the FFx AddOn usage more now and it turns out that I can
make the add-on be engaged when loading an url with an md file ending:

- First I have to switch off mod-markdown on the server
- Next I use the URL to the md file in FireFox
- Now FFx shows a dialog on how to do, select open with FireFox
- Also set this as the default action

Now when it is fed such an URL it first displays the raw text for a little
while, then it switches to the rendered view and the address bar now shows a
file system URL like: file:///C:/Users/Bosse/AppData/Local/Temp/Bosse2-2.md

So FireFox actually saves the received data to a text file in Temp and the
Add-On reads the data and then it creates a converted version to show...

Impossible to bookmark such md files because when it is all done the URL points
to the local file system.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden