RE: Is it possible to install/configure SSL certificates on a server behind a reverse proxy?

You can just do that. I have also certs behind a reverse proxy. My whole 'virtual/internal' applications in containers is running with my own CA certificates and on the reverse proxy I have some certs from known CA's
Specific for this setup is a proxy protocol, that informs the public ip addresses instead of local ones.

Best is it to ask on something like the haproxy community.