Re: mod_deflate: disable input filter for certain requests

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 2:19 PM <hostalp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> thanks for the suggestion.
>
> It looks like it could be generally doable, however as I understand it only output filters can be configured that way. There doesn't seem to be anything about input filters in the mod_filter docs. Or am I wrong? If yes how to use that approach with input filters then?

Sorry, it looks like you're right.

The only two places where the deflate input filter bails out is when
it sees request headers Content-Range or a Content-Encoding that
doesn't end with gzip.
Funny enough, it looks like Content-Range is not really used on
requests, maybe whatever processes your input will ignore it and you
can add it dynamically?