Re: [users@httpd] mod_deflate: disable input filter for certain requests

Hello,
thanks for the suggestion.

It looks like it could be generally doable, however as I understand it only output filters can be configured that way. There doesn't seem to be anything about input filters in the mod_filter docs. Or am I wrong? If yes how to use that approach with input filters then?

Best regards,
Petr

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 11:10 AM <hostalp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> I've got SetInputFilter DEFLATE set for the whole virtual host and it works fine.
>
> However now I need to disable this input filter for certain requests because there are some issues with those (I don't want to go into much detail and why it happens is out of my reach anyway so I just have to take it as it is, the important thing is that the backend can process these "unusual" requests just fine).
>
> Is there any way how to disable it based on certain conditions? Like the no-gzip environment variable, but for the opposite direction.
>
> I'd use mod_rewrite to determine these conditions (there are few of them) and handle those requests differently.

It doesn't look like there is anything that simple.

But you could try wrapping it in a mod_filter "smart filter" which can
be conditionally added based on an _expression_. You may need to move
your rules into the _expression_ there or SetEnvIf to have them set
early enough for the _expression_ argument to see them.