Re: Why so much difference in memory used per process in apache2 between two different systems

Wow! The memory eater was security2 ...

With the module enabled (120-160MB per process) ...
# ps axo 'user rss cmd' | grep apache | grep -v "\(root\|grep\|tomcat\)"
www-data 121232 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
www-data 120596 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
www-data 156816 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
www-data 162668 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start

With the module disabled (9-15MB per process) ...
# a2dismod security2
Module security2 disabled.
To activate the new configuration, you need to run:
  systemctl restart apache2
# systemctl restart apache2
# ps axo 'user rss cmd' | grep apache | grep -v "\(root\|grep\|tomcat\)"
www-data 10340 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
www-data  9764 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
www-data 14164 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
www-data 14220 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start

Thank's for your answer Dino. That's enough for me.

I didn’t really think a module would cause this change in memory usage, which is why I haven’t dedicated myself to disabling them one by one. But I was clearly wrong. Thank you again.

For your information, my problem was understand why so much difference between to systems because I want to optimize some parameters like: ServerLimit, StartServers, MinSpareServers, MaxSpareServers, MaxClients and MaxRequestsPerChild

I need to know the memory used per each Apache process to find the MaxClients value.

Missatge de Dino Ciuffetti <dino@xxxxxxxxx> del dia dl., 17 de maig 2021 a les 14:54:

--
Marc Serra
Organització i Sistemes