Re: Re: Graceful shutoff of Apache without it being a service.

Graceful shutdown is important especially in a production environment,
I would say in any environment because
each request is thread and within that thread there are further threads performing tasks.
especially if there is an application server involved.
It is better to use the provided socket signal connection way of shutting down
so that the shutdown routine can come into action and all concurrent in-memory
performing tasks come to completion.

I would hope there is a shutdown routine which will allow the tasks to come
to completion i.e.  shopping transactions , complete database commits etc.

With that in mind I should not compromise and go for blunt shutdown.
my 2 cents.

emma davis
emma.davis76@xxxxxxx