Re: LAN to WAN access

On 27/04/2021 21:59, Antony Stone wrote:
And, how does this get "the index.html page to display from the Internet"?

We are getting there slowly.  first he needs to have a server fully configured.  do you know if he has installed the server?

Let's do it step by step.  The guy wants to learn and then he can take it over and configure all the securities required to hist a web server and perhaps a database.

It's pretty easy if you look at it with a calm mind and determination!

If the server is not setup then we need to get him to do that first with our help of course if needed.  I run a development server on my desktop - apache as well as IIS and they are running just fine for the development work but I haven't "exposed" them to the outside world because my ISP doesn't allow inbound traffic.  I am in the UK and most ISP are pretty strict about what a user can do on the net.

--

With over 1.2 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.