Re: mod_proxy_hcheck response timeout?

Hello Daniel,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 7:02 PM Daniel Ferradal <dferradal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for answering
>
> Can you please elaborate on this?

What I did was, I changed the code of the page a bit so that it throws
an exception(in my case of type Java) after waiting for some time. In
the real world it could be something like this:

1. Apache hits that page during health check
2. That page has the code which does the "real" health check of the
target application - it could be like invoking another URL or
something else which tells you about your app's health
3. After invoking that URL, it waits for x amount of time for the
response to come before giving up. This is the alternate timeout.
4. If it gets a response from that URL call within x amount of time -
then we can say that the worker is healthy, else I am throwing an
exception which will send back HTTP 500
5. As Apache health check is getting 500 back, it fails that worker's
health check

During my POC, that's the only way I was able to alternatively
simulate a health check timeout failure.

Thanks!
Suvendu