Re: Apache Reverse Proxy for more than one website.

> In a real scenarios the 100 backend servers run the same
application/website, not different ones. This makes them
interchangeable.  That's why when one goes down, the reverse proxy can
route to another transparently.

Thus, for 100 different websites, we need 100 reverse proxy servers.

On Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 08:11:51 PM GMT+3:30, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 12:36 PM Jason Long <hack3rcon@xxxxxxxxx.invalid> wrote:

> Why this is a matter to the Apache? In a real scenario, consider that an Apache Reverse Proxy servicing to 100 web servers, one of these servers is turned off or...Apache must service to other servers!!
> I turned off a server to solve this conflict.

In a real scenarios the 100 backend servers run the same
application/website, not different ones. This makes them
interchangeable.  That's why when one goes down, the reverse proxy can
route to another transparently.

You've repeatedly ignored pointers to mod_proxy_balancer which is how
this works in Apache.

> Why Apache never read another Virtual Host configuration?

Apache did. The virtual host is used to select a configuration for the
inbound request. Each one has a single ProxyPass.  It's doing exactly
what it expresses.

You have a lot of homework to do off-list.  Please be considerate of
peoples time or risk being banned.