Re: multiple internal websites

The best choice would be to register a real domain name. Because of the gTLD program, almost anything can now be registered on the internet, so you will keep having issues.

You could use .example or .test which shouldn't ever be on the public internet, or you could use .internal which might be registered some day.
.home.arpa. is also listed as a sort-of TLD for internal use.

Whatever you do, if you want subdomains to resolve, you will probably need a full DNS resolvers and block DNS queries to other servers

- Y

Sent from a device with a very small keyboard and hyperactive autocorrect.