multiple internal websites

Hi, I am quite familiar with hosting multiple domains on a single server using apache virtual hosts.

I rent a web server and am running 16 domains (currently) for myself, family and friends.

Now I need to host some internal only websites for my employer (employees get free wifi in the cafeteria) to pass on information to the employees.

I have setup a virtual debian 10 server with apache installed.

I have a PC functioning as a router (192.168.1.1/24) using the x86 version of DD-WRT, and have added the various hostnames to DNSMasq (i.e. I can now nslookup “daily”, “jobs”, “deals” and they all resolve to the same ip 192.168.250.1-as long as I put a dot after e.g. daily., or jobs.)

Using the default 000-default.conf file included in sites-available and sites-enabled as-is, I am able to reach my webserver using any of those names, and see my current index.html file.

I have tried to modify the conf file as follows. (I removed all the commented out lines)

<VirtualHost jobs:80>

    ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

    DocumentRoot /var/www/html

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost daily:80>

    ServerName daily

    ServerAlias www.daily

    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/daily

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost deals:80>

    ServerName deals

    ServerAlias www.deals

    DocumentRoot  /var/www/html/deals

</VirtualHost>

I know this would work if I was trying to go to say http://today.jobs or http://monthly.deals i.e. using a TLD and hosting from the internet

Ultimately I would like a separate webpage for each name i.e.  http://jobs, http://daily, http://deals

I know I can accomplish this if I set up a webserver for each name, but that seems like a waste.

All the internet searches show me how to do this with internet facing TLD’s.

Is it even possible to do this internally?

Do I need to create a dummy domain?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.