Unable to load Mod_security into Apache.

Hi Team,

We have installed Apache 2.4.25 in our servers and applications are also exposed with the help of Apache. As part of Vulnerability precautions and security of application we are trying to fix the “Server” KeyTag in Response Headers in Developer tool (Inspect) of Browser.

We can see the value as “Server – Apache” in the Application and we need to eliminate this. So we found Mod_security as solution and installed it. But when we load Mod_security into Apache and restart, It is throwing an error like “Cannot load /Modules/Mod_security.so : apr_crypto_block_cleanup” error and we are not aware of this error and couldn’t find any solution with our team or in the google.

We request you to suggest us a solution to eliminate the “Server” tag in Response Headers without this Mod_security setup (or) along with Mod_security. Any solution is welcome. Please reply us back as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Poornananda.