mod_reqtimout can NOT be set on VHost

Hi all

To be honest, I don’t know whether I am missing something completely or whether mod_reqtimeout documentation is completely wrong.
I just didn’t ever manage the timeouts to be applied as I understood it from documentation…
after searching the web and finding this conversation,
http://apache-http-server.18135.x6.nabble.com/RequestReadTimeout-not-being-overridden-in-VirtualHost-td5047946.html

I did some testing…

  1. Timeouts defined at a global level and at a VHost level à the global timeouts are applied! (although documentation says VHost level is fine)
  2. No timouts in global config. two VHosts, every VHost has own timeouts configured à the timeouts from the first VHost are applied (yes! Also for requests to the second host!)
  3. Same as scenario 2) except on the second VHost, all timeouts set to 0 à oh wonder, now these are applied (no timeout, mod_reqtimeout is disabled..)
  4. Timeouts defined globally, at the VHost level set all to 0 à doesn’t work, global timeous are applied (NOTE that this is a use case from the documentation “Disable module for a vhost”)

I did these tests with apache 2.4.41 on linux, no AcceptFilters (which could have an impact according to docu, but to be honest I don’t really trust the modules docs^^)…

Did some of you experience the same or similar behavior? Am I missing something important or is this just terrible documented? What do you think should I open a issue in bugtracker, I didn’t find one yet.
Thanks in advance for any inputs!