Re: Reverse proxy: how to map a domain.tld to a local host port

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 01:15 <dino@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there any way to map each unique domain.tld to a different app at a unique port just for that domain.tld?
Why not just using virtualhosts also on your backend (tomcat,wildfly,jetty,etc)? Also, if you want to use port based VH on your backend with a single hostname per app, I would remove ProxyPreserveHost because it's unuseful in that case

Mainly because I'm still not real sure about how all this works. As of now the "backend" will be one or more daemon-like web servers running and serving pages and data to the one or more "front end" websites accessed by public requests to https://domain.tld. So, there will be one backend server per front end virtual host.

Thus it seems ProxyPreserveHostOn is required.

But thanks for your reply. I would love to buy a book that describes EXACTLY how to set up one such system if anyone has a suggestion.

Best regards,

-Tom