Re: Developing Private Cache Module

Il giorno ven 14 set 2018 alle ore 06:39 Yann Ylavic
<ylavic.dev@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 4:18 AM Thomas Salemy <tps220@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I want to redevelop the shared object cache that is used to filter
> > HTTP requests. Specifically, I want to serve requests even faster by
> > replacing the module's current structure with this concurrency
> > mechanism.
>
> Could you please be more explicit on what "module" you are talking
> about, which source file/code?
>

> > I am hoping that one of you might be able to describe to me more in
> > detail how this module works and the details of the current
> > concurrency mechanism supporting it so that I may redesign it and
> > prove the value of transactional memory in my research project.
>
> Looks interesting, but for now a bit too vague...
> Also, I think this discussion about design/code/implementation would
> better fit the dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list, for a wider
> developpers/technical audience.
>
> Thanks for reaching out to us anyway!

Other than what Yann mentioned, I'd suggest to read these documents to
have an idea about httpd modules and filters architecture (if you
haven't already done so):

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/developer/
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/developer/modguide.html
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/developer/output-filters.html