Re: How to browse to index.php OR index.html on WordPress site?

On 2018-02-23 (07:24 MST), Kent West <westk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I apologize for being uneducated about Apache2, but I'm not quite up on "vhost". Are your lines above something I should put verbatim into my /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/sitename.conf file, or am I supposed to tailor them to my specific settings, and if so, I really have no idea how to go about doing that.

I don't use Wordpress, but wordpress rewrites URLs via commands it puts in .htaccess. I suspect if you comment those lines, what you are doing will sort of work (you'll be able to load the index file you want) but wordpress will break.

I'd start by commenting the whole thing out to test, (or moving it aside)

But as I said, wordpress itself will likely break.

The issue here is not Apache per se, it is the way that wordpress works. Loading a different index is something it is specifically designed to prevent. This is a good idea for the vast majority of WordPress users; and I mean like 99.999% of them.

Also check for Rewrite conditions in http.conf and the <Virtualhost ...> => <Directory ...> portion of the domain conf.

--
C-3PO: We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.