Re: Re: How to browse to index.php OR index.html on WordPress site?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 7:32 PM, @lbutlr <kremels@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2018-02-22 (15:38 MST), Kent West <westk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> But I still need to manually be able to get to the full-blown .php-based site. When I web-browse to sitename/index.php, it reroutes to sitename/index.html. If I change the .conf file to "DirectoryIndex index.html index.php" and restart Apache2, that doesn't help.

I have, in http.conf:

<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
</IfModule>

Which loads index.php by default if it's present, otherwise index.html

If I'm understanding you, this is not what I want; both index.html and index.php exist. I just need a means of picking either via URL.

Neither 'redirects' to the other.

I've never used a site.conf in this way, but I have overridden the default in a site conf:

DirectoryIndex index.htm

for example.

Wordpress has a pretty complicated .htaccess file, did you check there?

No; it's my understanding that anything I can do in an .htaccess file I can do in the main global config files, that they're mostly just for overrides to those global config files, so I've just focused on the main global config files.

But if .htaccess will solve my problem, I'm happy to go that route.

Thanks, though!

--
Kent West                    <")))><