Apache 2.0 architecture

Hi All,

While Debugging apache, I encountered with following questions. I am unable to get answers for the following questions, please help to answer them.

Q1. Startup process is reading configuration two times and creating conftree. Why do we need to read configuration script twice? Is there any difference in conftree after first and second read of configuration script.

Q2.  When we start apache, it starts with startup process and then it detaches and starts Master/Parent Process. After that Master Process take control and spawn child processes. Why do we need to detach startup process and start Master Process ?

Q3. If I will start my server in debug mode i:e with -X option then what of the apache functionality will I loose other than child spawn ?

Thanks
Hemant