Re: Apache Unable to reinitiate connection after application server's ip change.

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 1:41 AM, Naveen Nandyala - Vendor
<Naveen.Nandyala@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We don’t see this issue on Tomcat as soon as the tomcat servers are rebooted
> with new IP address apache is able to connect to Tomcat servers without any
> restart. Could you please let me know if we need to change anything on
> apache to initiate new connections with new IP and close existing
> connections as soon as backend websphere  application server is stopped?

By default, the proxy module on Apache httpd reuses connections
(keep-alive), and resolves DNS _once_ at startup.
Connection reuse and DNS resolution go in pair, if you want the latter
for each connection, you have to disable the former by adding the
"disablereuse=on" parameter to the ProxyPass line.

Regards,
Yann.