Re: .htaccess

Hi Yann,

But I need to have both working..
By Referer bypass the user authentication
if Referer is different it needs the user authentication.

Cheers,

Rondon

Your life is shaped by your mind and you become what you think.
Dhampada - Twin Verses.

Hi Rondon,

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Rondon <djrondon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Sorry to bother you.
> My website is using apache at Dreamhost.
>
> I'm authenticating using a require valid-user at .htaccess
> But I need to add more directives to authenticate the access by Referer.
>
> If the user comes from a specific referer, the user doesn't have to receive
> the authentication box and bypass the authentication.

First I must say that it's IMHO not a wise thing to do!
Keep in mind that the Referer can be forged at wish one by any user,
fooling your authorizations...

> Is that possible?

If you really want to though, possibly something like:

> My .htaccess file is:
>
> AuthName "My Security Area"
> AuthType Basic
> AuthUserFile  /myusersfilepath/

SetEnvIf Referer ^https?://my.referer.host/and/path let_me_in
Require env let_me_in
> require valid-user

in that order.

Regards,