RE: Issues migrating Weblogic proxies from Sun One 6.1 to Apache 2.4

As far as we can see from fiddler and the Apache logs the request is fully sent.   I assume those parameters you mentioned are for mod_proxy ?  We are not using mod_proxy for this, we are using the Weblogic plug-in for Apache 2.4.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yann Ylavic [mailto:ylavic.dev@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 3:42 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Issues migrating Weblogic proxies from Sun One 6.1 to Apache 2.4

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 12:49 AM, Joe Muller <jmuller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   One interesting thing we did find on a packet capture on the back end between the proxy server and the application server is that 3 seconds after the proxy server apparently closed the port, the Weblogic application server tried to send data.  It almost like Weblogic did not realize the port was closed.  Very odd.

Is the HTTP request fully sent (proxy) and responded (backend) when this happens? (I try to understand why a backend/application would send data on its own).

Otherwise, on a general rule, did you take care that the TTL of proxy connection (to the backend) is lower than the KeepAliveTimeout configured on the backend?
This can be done by using the ProxyPass/BalancerMember parameter ttl=...
But before that, does disabling keepalive on the proxy help already?
(ProxyPass' disablereuse=on or SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive)

Regards,
Yann.