From: Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.jung@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2016 4:45 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Issues migrating Weblogic proxies from Sun One 6.1 to Apache 2.4

Am 24.06.2016 um 21:58 schrieb Joe Muller:

>  Just an update on this issue, if anybody is following. We have eliminated the Load Balancer and the Firewall as a possible cause.  Our last test was directly between the IE client browser and the Apache 2.4 proxy server, resulting in the same errors in the Apache logs similar to this:
>
>>>    *****Exception type] [WRITE_ERROR_TO_CLIENT raised at line 560 of
>>> BaseProxy.cpp, refer:
>>> https://intgalf.xyz.com/ALFA/selectFileType.do?fileType=O1MM
>
>   We also tested using different browsers (IE, Fire Fox, Chrome, and had mixed results, but eventually we saw the same errors from the Weblogic 12c plug-in the Apache logs at some point.
>
>  So at this point it is down to the Apache proxy and/or the Oracle
> Weblogic 12c Plug-in for Apache.  Anybody have any ideas ?  I am out
> of them right now :-(
>
> Perhaps it has something to do with  the Apache 2.4 compilation options ?  If I had known  before that going with Apache 2.4 instead of IPlanet would have been this difficult we would have just purchased Oracle HTTP Server.  At least we would have full Oracle support through and through, although that may not be saying much, since it is based on Apache 2.2.     Also I am worried about Oracle compatibility with 3rd party plug-ins like RSA Access Manager (SSO) and Tea Leaf.
>
> To be honest I am surprised Oracle doesn't give more guidance on this.   I would think we wouldn't be the first people to encounter this, but based on the lack of information in their knowledge base and the response from their technical support it seems otherwise.

I'd sniff the network in front of Apache and when the problem happens filter the raw sniff packet dump file using the connection information from the error log line ("[client 10.165.254.1:28171]"). Then use the time stamp of the error message and look at the sniff of the single connection what happens before the error is logged.

In case you are using https and you can switch on a reproduction system to http this might help understanding the packet dump, but in general this approach could also be used for https.

Regards,

Rainer