Re: Strange with AllowOverrideList Directive

On 3/29/2016 11:41 AM, Kees Nuyt wrote:
> Looks like a bug to me. I wouldn't call it a ducumentation bug,
> as totally ignoring .htaccess is what one would want to do,
> because it (also) has performance advantages.
>
> As a workaround, you could change the access file name httpd is
> looking for,  as in:
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/core.html#accessfilename
>
> , and .htaccess will not be read anymore.
>
> -- Regards, Kees Nuyt

Agreed on both fronts. Definitely a bug - when I wrote the patches for
AllowOverrideList, I thought I had tested this scenario but might have
missed it? If you don't mind, I'd love it if you could share a full
trace8 log (email just to me if you don't mind) for the request that
reproduces the problem so I can compare to my environment. On the second
topic - changing the file name is a quick and easy workaround to the
problem. There's still a very slight efficiency that can be gained by
fixing the bug in that the directories aren't checked for the presence
of the files, though, so I'd still want to tackle it from that angle.

--
Daniel Ruggeri