Re: Address already in use in Apache on Mac

On 19/03/16 10:23, Roparzh Hemon wrote:
> Thanks for your help Lester.
> When I try "http://localhost"; in my browser I get a "403 Forbidden :
> you dont have permission to access / on this server" message.
>
> I installed Apache manually in my personal location (although I
> already have the Mac's builtin installation, the reason I'm doing this
> is that all the tutorials I found for a deeper understanding of Apache
> are for non-Mac environments, and if I wish to adapt those tutorials
> to my Mac I need to use something I installed myself so as to know
> where things are. Plus, I don't want my little experiments to
> interfere with built-in defaults on my system).

I know the problem ... but to be honest you will be better working out
exactly where the Mac version is installed and remove your extra copy.

https://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/forbidden-403-you-dont-have-permission-to-access-username-on-this-server/
looks like a good start and seems to be saying that the built in version
IS using the /etc/apache location for tee config files ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL