Re: Address already in use in Apache on Mac

Thanks for your help Lester.
When I try "http://localhost"; in my browser I get a "403 Forbidden :
you dont have permission to access / on this server" message.

I installed Apache manually in my personal location (although I
already have the Mac's builtin installation, the reason I'm doing this
is that all the tutorials I found for a deeper understanding of Apache
are for non-Mac environments, and if I wish to adapt those tutorials
to my Mac I need to use something I installed myself so as to know
where things are. Plus, I don't want my little experiments to
interfere with built-in defaults on my system).