Re: Re: throttling IP addresses

Yes,

I am referring to an external firewall.

So the idea is to use the web server to proxy external traffic and place an IP hit counter, that would throttle a DDOS attack. Even with a unix firewall, we still need a way to identify the threat and update the firewall. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Thanks

George Genovezos
Application Security Architect
CISSP, ISSAP, CIFI