Re: mod_auth_cas confused by POST body split across brigades in input filter.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Mark Blackman <mark.blackman@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd have expected a single call with 476 bytes, can anyone give me some clues why the filter is called twice for a single request? Is mod_auth_cas meant to assume the input filter can be called more than once per request?

I have seen it recently somewhere else, in CGI context where the CGI
was not looping over stdin.

I don't recall the exact cause, but it's something like another module
peeking to see if data is ready ion the connection. The 1 byte it
reads is consumed and set aside, but weaved back in to the next real
read.    It's fair to say any input filter has to be prepared to be
called multiple times.