Clean Apache Binary

Hi,

if I want to install a clean Apache binary on Windows 7, which one do
you recommend?

I noticed page

https://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/

contains .msi files, so maybe I can try to install the latest of those
even though they are old versions?

My idea is to start from a "clean table". The XAMPP's Apache files are
overwhelming, so maybe by experimenting with my own settings and
installing modules myself will help me get a better picture. It seems
like I'm one those people who learn from experimenting with settings
before creating a real server to the cloud. I can create a PHP page
with XAMPP, but I don't feel like I really understand the insides of
Apache and how my settings really affect everything.

I did try to build my own version of Apache, but looks like it can
take a few days if you haven't done that kind of "build things". I was
able to build APR with Cmake and Visual Studio 2015 Community, but
that's much easier than building the whole Httpd. ;)

Tomi