Re: ReDirect question

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 2:31 PM, James Moe <jimoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I am starting to feel exceedingly incompetent...
  I added dumpio to the loadmodule list, restarted httpd. There is
still no additional logging output.

You're looking in the error log file? Did you enable debug log output? You need this in your config:

LogLevel debug

  I have tried a few more variations of the ReWriteCond line in
<.htaccess>. Because the total lack of any kind of response, logging,
message, etc., I get the feeling that the Rewrite* directives are
being totally ignored. Only when there is a syntax error does anything
change ("Internal Server Error").

Rule #1 for debugging: Don't thrash, be methodical.

You've already been told that there is nothing wrong with the RewriteCond you have. Focus on why you're not getting any debug logging. Use tools like the curl command to execute the HTTP  requests so that you have total control over the URI and headers being passed to your server.

--
Kurtis Rader