Re: ReDirect question

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 11:42 AM, James Moe <jimoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- I added "LogLevel info rewrite:trace6" to the VirtualHost section
- The rewrite rule in <.htaccess>
- An excerpt from the error log:
[...] referer:
https://sma-v3.sma.com/clickcart/?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=books

  There is nothing in the error log that contains the string "rewrite".
  If I read the docs correctly about LogLevel, the above rewrite is
being totally ignored since nothing the error log contains the string
"rewrite".
  Any suggestions?

In my previous reply I said your error log would include the entire URI of the request. I forgot to mention that will only be true if you've enabled dumping of the entire incoming request via something like this:

<IfModule dumpio_module>
DumpIOInput On
DumpIOOutput Off
LogLevel dumpio:trace7
</IfModule>

That's what I use to debug situations like this. Which is fine for short durations. But for longer term tracking of requests to your server it's better, and less resource intensive, if you simply define a CustomLog that includes the "%r" format string so that the entire URI ends up in the access log.

--
Kurtis Rader