Re: Limit the number of connection per virtual host

I have made many investigations but i haven't found such third party modules for Apache 2.4. And sometimes when i find a part of code that could do the job, it seems so confidential that it is difficult to know if you can fully trust the implementation and consider sending it on LE.

There are often solutions around bandwith control which is a different problematic.

If you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to share them with me.

Sylvain

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Nick Kew <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 12:18 +0000, Eric Covener wrote:

> Apache doesn't provide it.

>         - Why Apache doesn't provide such a functionality ?
>
> Nothing special for this function -- not enough interest/time for
> people in the project to write/test/support such a thing

Bear in mind that you only know which virtual host is requested
when you read the Host: header, which is after you already
accepted the connection.

There are third-party modules for managing loads and protecting
a server from attack.  Some of them might be worth a look.

--
Nick Kew