Re: Apache 2.4 - non adoption reasons??

Joey J wrote:
Apache 2.4 has had a stable release out for over 2 years but is only used by 2.5% of active Apache sites. Why is the adoption so low?? The Apache foundation has been recommending upgrading to 2.4 for some time and looking at the improvements I see significant value in several. I don't see any reason why anybody wouldn't want to use it but the community seems to think it's bad.

What am I missing??

Current market share:
http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/ws-apache/2.4/all

 -Joey J

Biggest problem is with Apache changing format of conf entries.

For example, when Ubuntu upgraded to Apache-2.4.x the normal
upgrade process bricked every single domain being served.

I was able to find the fix + had to hand edit 100s of files
for domain confs.

For most mere mortals, doing an upgrade + having 100s or 1000s
of domains go dark, creates much discomfort in pits of their stomachs.

   Many people, just rolled back OS version + Apache.

In the future, might be best to think about this before hand...
if mass adoption of new code is the end goal.