Re: Re: apache service interruption

> Two different things come to mind.  Kingcope found an Apache byterange
> vulnerability and the PoC code he wrote for it exhausts the resources on a
> server running Apache.  Only 1 instance of his perl script had to be ran.
> LOIC is another that could possible DoS your server from one source.  What
> IP address was hitting your box when this happened?

I'd rather not post the IP if that's OK.  I did notice my access_log
entries were out of chronological order for the IP address in
question.  Does that indicate a Slowloris attack?  Maybe it's just the
result of the server bogging down in response to so many requests in a
short amount of time.

So I'm sure I understand, a regular browser or unsophisticated script
shouldn't be able to interrupt apache service by simply requesting a
large number of pages in a short amount of time?  If not, how does
apache prevent that from happening?

- Grant