Mod_proxy FailOnStatus based on error count

Is there a way to mark a balancer worker in 'error state' based on count or percentage of certain http errors.

If my cluster has 3 members, and one of them is resulting in a large number of
500s then I would like to either mark the worker as 'bad' and remove it from the cluster.

The number of errors has to be a percentage of total requests so that I can distinguish between a spurious error 500 and a systemic problem affecting the worker.

A better alternative to removing out of rotation is to significantly reduce the weight of the member.

As I understand it, the current FailOnStatus is inadequate to handle this.

regards,
- Mandar