Re: Apache Forward Proxy with App Server Integration.

> Hello Nick,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I am trying to understand what could be the interface between Proxy Server (PS) and App Server (AS) given that App Server is a Tomcat based HTTP Servlet. Proxy Server is going to be a mod_xxx written in C.
>
> So my question is, what interface will be used between PS and AS? I read about mod_proxy, mod_proxy_ajp, but they mainly provide the load balancer or reverse proxy functionality. I want this PS to route the HTTP traffic between Client and OS to this AS for processing.

Anil,

The protocol used between PS and AS can either be HTTP
or AJP, depending on what listener you have setup on Tomcat.
Obviously, if you are using the AJP listener on AS, you'd
need to ProxyPass ajp; if using HTTP, then it would be
ProxyPass http:. Proxying ajp requires mod_proxy_ajp and
proxying http requires mod_proxy_http