Re: moving from mod_php to mod_fcgid : rewrite problem

On 2/14/2013 11:52 AM, Benoit GEORGELIN (web4all) wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm agree with you BEN.
> Thanks for all these information.
>
> I'll try some others tests with Riccardo and we will update the message even if it's not an apache problem :)

A follow-up / solution would be great, should one be found. Better to
have it documented on an off-topic list than not at all! :)

You and Riccardo may wish to have a look at this article, if you haven't
already:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/279966/php-self-vs-path-info-vs-script-name-vs-request-uri

It explains the differences between PHP_SELF vs PATH_INFO vs SCRIPT_NAME
vs REQUEST_URI and underscores the same advice that I've offered in the
way of a workaround (using the QUERY_STRING).

The bottom line seems to be that PATH_INFO is not well-implemented
everywhere.

Best of luck,

-Ben

> [...]
> VirtualHost)?
>
>>From http://community.activestate.com/faq/cgi-debugging-no-input-fi :

> Question:
>
> When I try to debug PHP using CGI Emulation, I get this error:
>
> No input file specified.
>
> Answer:
>
> This is because your PHP CGI interpreter has been compiled with
> cgi.force_redirect set to on for security reasons. We can fix this in
> Komodo by changing this setting in the copy of php.ini that Komodo uses:
>
> - open the php.ini copy that Komodo is using:
>
> ~/.komodo/host-<hostname>/php/<php-version>/php.ini
>
> - change the setting:
>
> ; cgi.force_redirect = 1

> cgi.force_redirect = 0
>

> To what value is cgi.force_redirect set in "perspectives-musicales.org.ini"?
>
>>From http://jenseng.com/archives/000035.html :

> When running PHP as a CGI binary on Apache, you might get the above
> error if you request a nonexistent PHP file.
>
> [...]
>
> The reason this happens is that any requests ending in .php are simply
> handed off to the PHP executable without verifying that such a file
> exists. Although this is by design, it can be a bit offputting.
> Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a way to configure the PHP
> executable to return a "normal" 404 to Apache if the requested script
> does not exist. *True, it does return a 404 response header along with
> the "No input file specified"*, but it won't return the appropriate
> ErrorDocument under any circumstances.
>

> While it's possible to "fix" the 404 issue so that a "prettier" message
> is displayed, the root cause here seems to be, very simply, that the PHP
> CGI executable can't find the requested PHP file (test.php, in this
> case). I'm not sure what would cause this, but I'd start with the leads
> that I posted above.
>
> This is shaping-up to a problem with the PHP configuration, though, not
> Apache or mod_rewrite.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Ben
>
>>> This may be for the reasons outlined in the article that I cited above.
>>> i f you'd like to post your CGI wrapper script, I'd be happy to take a
>>> look. Alas, you may lack access to this script, in which case, it's a
>>> moot point. Although, I must say, it seems unlikely that your host would
>>> have misconfigured the wrapper script. (Then again, we've all seen worse.)
>>
>> If you need more technical information, let me know .
>> I'll appreciate to solve this issue and understand from where the problem is coming
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Benoît Georgelin
>> Web 4 all Hébergeur associatif
>>

> Cordialement,
>
> Benoît Georgelin
> Web 4 all Hébergeur associatif
> +1 514 458 0890
> benoit.georgelin@web 4 all.fr
>
> Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce mail qu'en cas de nécessité

>>> 404 45 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101
>>> Firefox/18.0" "20130212210446"
>>>
>>> 90.24.101.9 - - [12/Feb/2013:21:04:51 +0100] "GET /test2/a/b/c HTTP/1.1"
>>> 200 52 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101
>>> Firefox/18.0" "20130212210451"
>>>
>>> 90.24.101.9 - - [12/Feb/2013:21:04:56 +0100] "GET /test4/a/b/c HTTP/1.1"
>>> 302 206 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101