Re: Passing proxy authentication user name

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:08:42 +0000
<terry.cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have dumped the env and it doesn't include the auth info. I have confirmed that the proxy-authorization header is being sent by the proxy server.
> I found somewhere, that I can't find again, something that implied that apache had to be compiled with a specific option to allow it to transmit this header to the pages or scripts. I really hope that this isn't the case as I really don't have the weeks required to get a server to build a compile environment and gather all the bits and pieces that I'd need to do that.

Could that be the BIG_SECURITY_HOLE compile option?
Not sure if that still exists (I don't use it)!

If you have your users' usernames and passwords, you could
also set the Authorization header from the Proxy-Authorization.
Then configure the server for authentication and your
scripts will get REMOTE_USER.

--
Nick Kew