Re: ScriptAlias/cgi-bin for apache instance on port 8080

* Igor Cicimov <icicimov@xxxxxxxxx> [121114 13:29]:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Tim Johnson <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I have made some tweaks to httpd.conf without
> >   success
> >   Here's what I have :
> >      # for port 8080
> >     <VirtualHost *:8080>
> >         DocumentRoot "/Users/http"
> >         ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/Users/http/run/"
> >         ScriptAliasMatch ^/cgi-bin/((?!(?i:webobjects)).*$)
> > "/Users/http/run/$1"
> >         <Directory "/Users/http/run">
> >             AllowOverride None
> >             Options None
> >

> This is wrong, it should be
>
> Options +ExecCGI
> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
>
> you need to tell apache that the files in that directory are cgi scripts.
> Please read
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/cgi.html
>
> its all in there.
  This is mac OS X 10.7. I have done previous setups for apache all
  on linux. And yes,
> Options +ExecCGI
> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
  is needed on linux. However, for some reason they _are not_ needed in this
  Mac install.
>From httpd.conf
    #
    # AddHandler allows you to map certain file extensions to "handlers":
    # actions unrelated to filetype. These can be either built into the server
    # or added with the Action directive (see below)
    #
    # To use CGI scripts outside of ScriptAliased directories:
    # (You will also need to add "ExecCGI" to the "Options" directive.)
    #
    #AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    #AddHandler cgi-script .py
Note the following:
    # To use CGI scripts outside of ScriptAliased directories:
    # (You will also need to add "ExecCGI" to the "Options" directive.)
I understand from the above that is only needed in this installation
for directory outside of ScriptAliased directories.

Nevertheless, I did add those lines to the directory container, but
with no success.

I appreciate the help. I suspect that perhaps (and I am a permanent
apache noob because I do configs so seldom) - that there is a module
whose loading was disabled that may have an effect.

What I will do, is send my entire httpd.conf OTL to a known and trusted
individual who is a sysadmin, and then pose the problem to a mailing
list of sysadmins that both myself and he belong to. Any further
help that you offer would be appreciated, but perhaps with the full
httpd.conf for this individuals review and the other sysadmins eyes
- who do virtual host setups all the time - I might be able to
  report the solution by tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.
regards
--