Re: OpenSSL vs. Mozilla's NSS

On October 24, 2012 18:24 , Tom Browder <tom.browder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it possible to use Apache with the NSS libraries instead of OpenSSL?

If not, has that ever been considered as an option?

Based on my struggle with OpenSSL documentation to generate my own CA
and client SSL certificates, the NSS documentation for that same task
looks like a breeze in comparison--I'm sorry I didn't find out about
it sooner.

If your problems are just with generating / signing certificates, you don't need to use the same SSL libraries that Apache HTTP Server and mod_ssl are using. You can use mod_ssl with OpenSSL but use whatever software you want to use for managing your certificates.

--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx