Re: Apache 2.4.1- not working (Fatal error... Apache is exiting)

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM, Harsimranjit singh Kler
<simran4u2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  http://people.apache.org/~trawick/
>
> This link also not much helpful.

http://people.apache.org/~trawick/exception_hook.html

Synopsis: If you build Apache httpd with a certain configure option on
Unix, you can have these two modules capture diagnostic information at
the time of a crash.

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Harsimranjit singh Kler
> <simran4u2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>

>> Yes i rebuild everything for 2.4.All external module openssl,modjk
>> ,apr,pcre etc which are supported and compatibile are upgraded.
>> Its functional for basic requests and working normal.
>>
>> Currently it is not happening consistently.
>>
>> I have setup like(Node1
>> ->httpd+modjk,Node2->worker1(tomcat),worker2(tomcat)).After 12 hour
>> successfull run Node2 went out of memory and worker1 and worker2 stop
>> responding.As in logs intial error came at that time when Node2 gone and
>> after 1 hour its showing apache exiting.So am not sure why worker fail cause
>> apache httpd to exit?
>>

>> i am not familiar with gdb and can you provide details of diagnostic tool
>> to debug this.
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Nick Kew <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> First check: presumably you rebuilt (or re-installed from package)
>>> your everything that's running in httpd, when you moved to 2.4?
>>> I mean, your mod_jk and any other external modules you have?
>>>
>>> Second check: is this happening consistently?  The first error
>>> appears to be happening at startup, but what about the others?
>>> Is the time random or were these other startups?

>>> Are you familiar with gdb (or do you know anyone who is)?
>>> A traceback from a core, or (better) a live run, is the
>>> best diagnostic tool.
>>>
>>> Failing that, you might get some more information from Jeff's
>>> diagnostic modules at http://people.apache.org/~trawick/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Nick Kew

Born in Roswell... married an alien...