Re: Uncompressing incoming requests

Hi Nick,

Yes the location scope applies. And the mod_deflate is loaded as well.
I have this directive defined in my conf file.

LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so

And to test it further I added the DEFLATE for outgoing content and I see that the outgoing content is gzipped(confirmed this by snooping the outgoing packets from the machine).

<Location / >
       SetInputFilter DEFLATE
       SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
</Location>

I also added the following to log more details. I see that the outgoing compression is logged. but do not see anything related to the incoming request and its decompression.

DeflateFilterNote Input instream
DeflateFilterNote Output outstream
DeflateFilterNote Ratio ratio

LogFormat '"%r" %{outstream}n/%{instream}n (%{ratio}n%%)' deflate
CustomLog logs/deflate_log deflate

I added "LogLevel debug" to the httpd.conf file I do not see any extra logs in the error_log file.
Should I do something further here to get detailed debug logs from mod_deflate?

Thanks,
~Abhi