Re: Apache FTP Proxy

You need to load mod_proxy_ftp for this. Read the module documentation on the apache web site.

On Apr 28, 2012 4:05 AM, "Andy Carlson" <andy.carlson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I currently have an apache reverse proxy server that I am using in front of a number of web servers that are setup as VirtualHost’s on the proxy.  I want to setup an FTP proxy (using different VirtualHost definitions, if necessary) to proxy FTP traffic to the internal servers in the same manner as the HTTP VirtualHosts.  I have not had any success doing this.  Here’s a sample of what I did:

<VirtualHost OUTSIDE-HOST-IP:21>

  ServerName OUTSIDE-HOST

  ProxyPass / ftp:// INTERNAL-HOST/

  ProxyPassReverse / ftp:// INTERNAL-HOST/

</VirtualHost>

Again, it is my hope to implement this configuration with multiple internal hosts.

Also, I’m not sure if it’s necessary but I had tried putting “Listen 21” directive at the beginning of httpd.conf (next to the Listen 80).

Please let me know if this is possible or if I am doing something wrong.  Thanks much!!!

Andy Carlson

Moody Bible Institute

Identity Administrator | Information Systems
312-329-4385

www.moody.edu