Fw: VLC web player does not work when using apache - please advise

I looked at the Apache access log file and it seems that Apache receives the request from the VLC player:

[25/Apr/2012:08:31:22 +0700] "GET /root/95180.avi HTTP/1.1" 200 1165938 "http://localhost/root/why.html" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0"

Can anyone please help me to understand what it means? Did the Apache "pass the file" to the VLC player on browser side, or was access denied from the Apache side? If access denied what is a possible reason for this?

Thanks,
Tom.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: traveller <t8av@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 5:52 PM
Subject: VLC web player does not work when using apache - please advise

Hello,

I was trying to use embedded VLC video player. I created a local HTML in my PC and it worked fine.

However, when I was trying to access this same page from behind Apache server (http://localhost/my.html) the player did not work.

I guess the player could not access the file.

How to fix it? I am not Apache expert. Please advise.

Thanks,
Tom.