Re: httpd-2.2.22 LogLevel arguments, in documentation, not accepted

On 18-04-2012 19:23, Josh Narins wrote:

The documentation for LogLevel[0] and references to LogLevel in the documentation for mod_rewrite[1] say that LogLevel takes arguments like

                LogLevel [module:]level [module:level] ...

I am setting the LogLevel at server scope. f I try anything other than LogLevel (emerg|alert|crit|error|warn|notice|info|debug) I get one of these two errors:

                LogLevel takes one argument, Level of verbosity in error logging

or

                LogLevel requires level keyword: one of emerg/alert/crit/error/warn/notice/info/debug

What I think I need is something like "LogLevel debug rewrite:trace3" or even "LogLevel trace3," but neither works.

I know my mod_rewrite directives aren't working, and I am having a difficult time figuring out why. This is part of an effort to port from apache-1.3, where the same rewrite directives worked.

Thanks in advance.

httpd-2.2.22

RHEL5 2.6.18-194.3.1.0.1.el5 SMP x86_64

[0] - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#loglevel

[1] - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_rewrite.html#logging

Josh Narins
Director of Application Development
SeniorBridge

845 Third Ave
7th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 994-6194
Fax: (212) 994-4260
Mobile: (917) 488-6248
jnarins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
seniorbridge.com

SeniorBridge

SeniorBridge Statement of Confidentiality: The contents of this email message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email by an unintended or mistaken recipient is strictly prohibited. In said event, kindly reply to the sender and destroy all entries of this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.
Those arguments only work with 2.4, you are looking at the wrong documentation.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#loglevel will show you the docs for 2.2

With regards,
Daniel.